One of the objectives of Internacional Aravaca is that all primary school students participate in workshops on good table manners. In this way, the students acquire good habits and manners during meals and can put them into practice at school during lunchtime.
During the workshop, they went over what can and should be done during the meal, and what cannot be done. The students were asking different interesting questions in order to gradually improve their behavior when sitting at a table to eat.
Some of the basic rules they learned were:
- Always wash your hands before eating.
- Sit correctly with a straight back.
- Do not put your elbows on the table. Place your forearms on both sides of your plate.
- Do not talk with your mouth full.
- Do not start eating until everyone has been served.
- Correct use and placement of cutlery and napkin.
At the end of the workshop, the students also learned how to set up a table with tableware and dishes.
We encourage you to accompany them at home in this learning process so that little by little they acquire better habits and behaviors at the table.